Finishing high school and keen to keep studying, in Luxembourg or abroad? Planning to enrol at a university or tertiary institution?
Financial aid is available to help finance your studies. The CEDIES grant comes in several forms, depending on your personal situation. To help you gain independence, this grant may be offered alongside a student loan.
Am I eligible for the CEDIES grant?
To be eligible for a CEDIES grant, there are a number of conditions.
If you live in Luxembourg, you'll need to meet the following requirements:
- be a Luxembourg resident,
- be a family member of a Luxembourg national residing in Luxembourg,
- be a European citizen (EU + EEA), employed or working in your profession in Luxembourg.
If you don’t live in Luxembourg, see the relevant conditions at guichet.lu.
You must also be registered as a full-time or part-time student on an officially recognised tertiary course. The course must lead to a degree, diploma, certificate or proof of successful completion of the study programme.
For more information about the various eligibility conditions, visit guichet.lu.
Good to know
For non-resident students, financial aid is an alternative form of assistance. Before submitting an application, non-resident students must complete all necessary steps in their country of residence to obtain financial aid for their studies.
What specific form of financial aid can you access with the CEDIES grant?
The CEDIES grant comprises four separate parts. Your personal situation will determine how much financial assistance you can obtain.
The CEDIES grant includes:
- a base grant of EUR 1,025 per semester, awarded to all eligible students,
- a mobility grant of EUR 1,255 per semester, awarded to students registered on a higher education programme in a country outside the country of residence of their household, and able to demonstrate that they are paying rent,
- a family grant of EUR 512 per year, available if one or more children in the household already receive financial assistance,
- a social grant, of varying amounts. This grant is awarded to students whose household with maintenance obligations has a total taxable income that is less than or equal to 4.5 times the gross social minimum wage for unskilled workers (SSM).
The base CEDIES grant is increased by the amount of registration fees exceeding a fixed amount of EUR 100 up to a maximum of EUR 3,700:
- 50% in the form of a grant,
- 50% in the form of a loan.
A simulator is available on the CEDIES website. It enables you to simulate the CEDIES grant amount to which you are entitled based on your personal situation.
How do I obtain a BGL BNP Paribas CEDIES loan?
In addition to the grant, you can access a CEDIES(1) loan of EUR 6,500 per year. This loan is granted at an attractive fixed rate of up to 2%. You start paying it back up to two years after graduation. Repayments can be spread over a ten-year period.
To make life easier, BGL BNP Paribas is going even further. For every CEDIES loan taken out, we offer OptiStudent insurance with EuropAssistance, which includes 24/7 assistance in the event of illness, accident or hospitalisation, over five years.
BGL BNP Paribas also provides a rental guarantee for your apartment of up to EUR 5,000* throughout the European Union. There’s no need for you to pay a deposit, since the money is frozen in an account.
Competition: win a Macbook wort EUR 1,400
Taking part couldn’t be easier:
- take out a BGL BNP Paribas CEDIES loan between 13 July and 31 October 2021;
- two winners will be chosen at random on 15 November 2021;
- cross your fingers!
(1) Offers subject to conditions and approval of your application by the bank.