Changing banks can sometimes seem like an overly complicated process.
To make your life easier, BGL BNP Paribas will provide assistance to help you switch banks, and transfer your accounts, direct debits and other operations.
The benefits of FaciliSwitch
- Peace of mind: no need to contact your creditors or institutions that pay money into your account;
- Save time: don’t waste any more time on administrative tasks;
- Security: your bank details are securely transferred;
- At no cost: FaciliSwitch is free!
An all-inclusive bank switching service
With our FaciliSwitch bank switching service, we:
- handle all dealings with your current bank;
- transfer your current account balance, direct debits and other recurring operations to your BGL BNP Paribas account;
- provide your new bank details to your debtors and creditors;
- close the bank account(s) open at the other bank, if desired;
- notify you as soon as your recurring transactions are operational on your new BGL BNP Paribas account.
Good to know
If you wish to use your old account for a particular purpose, you can tell your BGL BNP Paribas advisor, who will arrange a customised transfer.
What do I need to do to switch banks and become a BGL BNP Paribas client?
To benefit from this service:
- contact an advisor at a branch or our Client Service on (+352) 42 42-2000;
- complete and sign the transfer documents you have received from us;
- return the signed documents to your preferred branch, or return it by post to:
BGL BNP Paribas S.A.
c/o Support Opérationnel – Mobilité bancaire
50, avenue JF Kennedy
- and that’s it!
Frequently asked questions
The bank can adapt to your timeframe. However, it takes a minimum of 13 business days to complete an account transfer.
There’s no need. BGL BNP Paribas handles all dealings with your current bank to close your account and complete the transfer.
To get the bank switching process started, you can either head to your preferred branch or give our Client Service a call.
Either way, you’ll need to sign the transfer documents authorising BGL BNP Paribas to complete the transfer on your behalf, and notify creditors and debtors of the new account.
The BGL BNP Paribas FaciliSwitch service is free for all transfers from one Luxembourg bank to another, in accordance with the terms set out in the Guide to Switching Banks.
However, clients may be charged a fee for transferring services other than those related to payment accounts or for discontinuing certain services provided by their current bank.