Who is eligible?
In Luxembourg, debit cards are available to clients aged 12 and over. They are automatically issued to anyone who holds a current account with BGL BNP Paribas.
Credit cards are available to anyone over the age of 18, based on a creditworthiness check by your bank.
Where are payments accepted?
Debit cards and credit cards enabling you to pay for purchases:
- in all shops in Luxembourg;
- and abroad.
Withdrawals made using your debit card are free at all ATMs belonging to:
- BGL BNP Paribas;
- the BNP Paribas Group;
- our international partners (excluding foreign exchange fees).
With a credit card, withdrawals are charged at national rates:
- from the BNP Paribas Group network;
- from international partners (excluding foreign exchange fees).
This rate is EUR 2,50 + 2% of the amount withdrawn.
Instant or deferred payment
With a debit card, your bank account is immediately charged.
However, credit cards allow you to defer the payment of your purchases.
The (weekly) usage limits for your debit card are:
- EUR 2,500 for payments;
- EUR 2,500 for withdrawals.
Subject to an available account balance.
Your credit card limit is defined:
- depending on the card chosen;
- based on your financial circumstances.
Insurance and assistance
Our Visa Debit card offers you access to online purchase protection insurance, covering:
- non-compliant delivery;
- non-delivery of goods purchased online.
Our credit cards offer insurance and assistance services for both you and your family.
These services cover, for example:
- stolen baggage;
- rental car excess;
- a 24/7 concierge service.
Extended insurance and concierge services: discover all the benefits of our premium credit card.