General Fund performance in 2020
A high-performance life insurance policy
If you’ve selected the General Fund in your Optilife² life insurance policy, the gross return for 2020 is 1.76%!
Take advantage of a competitive rate to give your savings a boost.
Not happy with your savings account interest rate?
At a time when interest on savings accounts is very low, consider diversifying thanks to a high-performance investment solution.
Life insurance that combines savings, flexibility and security
OptiLife²(1), life insurance that lets you:
- diversify your portfolio across a broad range of investments,
- ensure maximum protection for your loved ones,
- structure the transfer of your estate,
- take advantage of the protection offered by Luxembourg life insurance regulations.
Diversify your portfolio
Medium or long-term savings
Access a broad range of assets, some offering a capital guarantee.
An extensive catalogue
With help from our advisors, choose your preferred investment vehicle from a collection of funds, including the Themed range.
Security and performance
Whatever your goals, OptiLife² is a great way to diversify and grow your assets.
Protect your loved ones
Thanks to the life insurance included in the policy, you can protect your spouse and your children against the financial consequences of death.
Structure the transfer of your estate
Secure and effective transfer of your estate
The Cardif Lux Vie life insurance policy has a specific legal framework that allows you to transfer your estate.
Please note that you can still:
- choose the beneficiary/beneficiaries of the policy(2),
- modify the designated beneficiary/beneficiaries(3),
- extend the length of your cover by taking out a joint life insurance policy, which unwinds on the death of the second policy holder.
Take advantage of the security offered by the “super privilege”.
Thanks to the regulatory framework for life insurance in Luxembourg, you benefit from enhanced protection.
This means that if your insurer goes under, you’ll be first in line to collect any claims guaranteed by your life insurance policy.
One tree planted for every new policy
In co-operation with REFOREST'ACTION, our partner Cardif Lux Vie will plant one tree for every new policy taken out!
By signing up to OptiLife², you’ll be contributing to reforestation efforts in the Greater Region.
You can get updates on the Cardif Lux Vie reforestation project on its website.
Did you know?
OptiLife² can be used to secure a mortgage in Luxembourg
Are you looking to take out a mortgage or a personal loan? Use your OptiLife² fund as collateral.
Frequently asked questions about OptiLife² life insurance
Partial or total redemptions can be made at any time and are free of charge (excluding redemption penalties on the General Fund for the first three years).
You can make additional payments of a minimum amount of EUR 1,500 per underlying selected.
OptiSave+ and OptiLife² are two different products that can help boost your savings, and you can sign up for both at the same time.
OptiSave+ allows you to build savings gradually through a fixed payment plan. You must make regular payments of at least EUR 50.
OptiLife² allows you to invest as and when you see fit with minimum premium payments of EUR 1,500 per underlying. These underlyings must comply with the accepted level of risk exposure under a life insurance policy. To take out an OptiLife² policy, you must make an initial investment of EUR 10,000, paid in a single transfer.
If you are still alive when the policy matures, you will be the automatic beneficiary of the capital saved. You can designate anyone you like to be the beneficiary of the capital or annuity payments in the event that you die before the policy matures.
Medical formalities vary depending on the cover chosen and the policyholder’s profile: age, health status, amount to be covered, etc.
Thanks to the regulatory framework for life insurance in Luxembourg, you benefit from enhanced protection that is unique in Europe.
The assets underlying life insurance policies are placed in a separate account from the other assets of the insurance company.
As the policyholder, you benefit from a Super Privilege: in the event of the insurer’s liquidation, you have priority over all other creditors.
(1) This product from Cardif Lux Vie is distributed by BGL BNP Paribas, Cardif Lux Vie’s insurance agency, entered in the register of insurance intermediaries under number 1996AC001. Tax deductibility varies based on the personal situation of each client and is subject to change.Subscription subject to conditions and approval of your application by the bank.
(2) Subject to the provisions of civil law applicable to the policy, in particular as regards the reserved portion of an estate under inheritance law.
(3) With the exception of an “accepting beneficiary”.
Enjoy your retirement years to the full by taking out a pension insurance plan.