Unsecured e-commerce websites
When you log on to an unsecured e-commerce website and carry out a transaction, a hacker can easily steal your credit card details and use it at your expense.
Do the right thing:
- Check that the website displays the MasterCard or VISA logos
- Activate 3D Secure security for your credit cards: a one-time code (sent via SMS or Token) will be used to authorise your purchase
- Check that the e-commerce website address starts with ‘https'
- Never disclose the confidential four-digit secret code of your credit card
- Keep proof of payment in the event of a dispute or claim