To ensure our workplace fosters the development and commitment of our staff, we are pursuing three objectives:
- to promote diversity and inclusion
- to ensure quality of life at work
- to be a company that is willing to learn and offers dynamic career management
Today’s changing mentalities are having a positive impact on our business.
The DHR interview
"Being a responsible employer means above all bearing in mind that the strength of a company lies in the commitment of its workforce.
At BGL BNP Paribas we are bound together by our values and a promise: "To be the bank for a changing world". That is why we expect all of our staff to help us build the bank of tomorrow, in a world that we aim to make better and more sustainable.
In return, we invest in our people’s development and offer them motivating and varied career opportunities. We also provide a high-quality work environment, based on professional equality and respect.
These are the reciprocal commitments between the bank and its staff."Louis de Looz-Corswarem
Director of Human Resources BGL BNP Paribas
Diversity and inclusion
A diverse range of backgrounds, gender equality, the inclusion of disabled employees and respect for differences are at the heart of our values.
Our areas of engagement in 2019:
- Fairness and respect: BGL BNP Paribas wants to provide a work environment where its staff are treated fairly and with respect. This ambition gave rise to the #Respect for colleagues awareness programme designed to prevent all forms of workplace violence.
- Equal opportunities for men and women: 63% of men took parental leave in 2018, compared with only 22% in 2015. The bank is strongly committed to equal opportunities for men and women. BGL BNP Paribas signed the Diversity Charter in 2012, and was awarded the Positive Actions label by the Ministry for Equal Opportunities in 2015.
- Diversity: the BNP Paribas Group in Luxembourg devotes one week each year to diversity and inclusion. The bank encourages its staff to reflect on respecting difference through activities such as workshops, plays and conferences, which take place throughout Diversity Week.
- Gender diversity: MixCity Luxembourg – the internal professional network of BNP Paribas employees in Luxembourg – campaigns to promote equal job opportunities for men and women within the bank.
Quality of life at work
Guaranteeing a fulfilling and secure work environment for employees is also a sure way to boost client satisfaction.
- Top Employer
BGL BNP Paribas received the prestigious Top Employer Luxembourg award for the fifth year running. This award recognises employers that offer excellent employee working conditions, and nurture and develop talent.
Mindful of the transport issues that exist in Luxembourg and the Greater Region, BGL BNP Paribas has opened a teleworking hub near to the French border. This site is the first stage in the development of new remote working methods.
- Work-life balance
665 employees work part time. BGL BNP Paribas offers staff considerable flexibility in organising their working time.
Moreover, they have access to a wide range of services to enable them to achieve a better quality of life at work: concierge service, gym, crèche, lounge, etc.
Offering dynamic career management
- Responsible employment management
To cater to the new employee skill requirements, the BNP Paribas Group in Luxembourg focuses on continuous professional development and internal mobility.
"About Me" is the career management portal, which makes personalised job suggestions and guides employees who wish to push their career forward.
- Training and awareness-raising
BNP Paribas Group in Luxembourg closely monitors changes in its business lines and is keen to address certain topics with its staff:
- 112,000 hours of training in 2019
- 200 people attended a conference: "Do we all stand on an equal footing when dealing with stress?"
- 430 managers participated in conferences on psychosocial risks
- 242 managers were instructed on how to manage remote working