Today, savings accounts are the most common way to save at your own pace and without restrictions. To meet the environmental and social challenges facing us today, BGL BNP Paribas has set up a socially responsible savings account (1) : the Finance4Good savings account
How does Finance4Good work?
One of BGL BNP Paribas’ roles is to finance the economy. This involves granting loans to small and large businesses to support their growth. The bank can do this thanks to deposits made by savers.
By opening a Finance4Good savings account, you’re choosing to help finance projects with a positive social or environmental impact.
In particular, those that promote:
- energy transition;
- the recycling of resources,
- better social inclusion, etc.
Just like a traditional savings account, you can save however much you like, whenever you like.
Good to know
Check our website to discover new projects and actions undertaken through Finance4Good to help contribute to sustainable development objectives.
Each year, you will receive detailed information on commitments of the BNP Paribas Group.
Why choose a socially responsible savings account?
By investing your savings in a socially responsible account, you’ll support projects and businesses that focus on social and environment challenges.
Who can open a socially responsible account?
Anyone looking to have a social impact by investing in ethical finance.
BGL BNP Paribas offers two Finance4Good savings accounts:
- a standard savings account;
- a savings account for young people (0-29 years).
How much interest does the Finance4Good savings account earn?
The interest rate comprises:
- a base rate (2) ;
- a loyalty bonus
This bonus interest is applied pro rata temporis to:
the amounts paid between:
- the date of deposit
- and 31 December,
if not withdrawn in the meantime;
as well as the amounts:
- in the account since 31 December the previous year;
- until the date they are withdrawn in the current year.
This loyalty bonus therefore doesn’t apply to amounts deposited then withdrawn between two financial year ends (31 December).
Good to know
The base interest rate of the Finance4Good socially responsible savings account is lower than the standard savings account. However, consistent saving is also rewarded with a loyalty bonus.
Are you under 30 years of age? You can open a Finance4Good savings account for young people (aged 0–29) via your Web Banking iOS app!
Frequently asked questions
You can open a Finance4Good account:
- via the BGL BNP Paribas Web Banking app on your iPhone, if you're under 30 years of age;
- via our Client Service if you’re already a BGL BNP Paribas client;
- via one of our advisors at your local BGL BNP Paribas branch..
(1) Offer subject to terms and conditions and approval of your application by the bank.
(2) Just like our standard savings accounts, this rate may be adjusted by the bank.
Socially responsible investments
Invest in a range of SRI-themed funds, diversify your portfolio and give meaning to your investments.